Pages

Monday 2 February 2009

Almost a week

Yes, it's almost a week since I last blogged.
Presentation for tomorrow's lab meeting is taking longer than I'd hoped.
I had quite a successful and productive weekend though. Called Tiscali and got the broadband fixed, an issue with login spontaneously changing it seems. When we were looking for a broadband provider, many people said that Tiscali had rubbish tech support, but I thought they were great.
Got the RAM sorted on my computer. Apparently 1GB and 512 KB DIMMS don't like being interspersed with each other. Put them all next to each other and everything is fine, 3GB switch in the boot.ini file and everything.
Pulled my graphics card out to discover I have a PCIex16 slot not a PCI-X slot as my diagnostic programme reckoned. Which is nice because it means I can get a 1GB GeForce something or other for just under £50. But not from Dabs, as they will only deliver to the address that the credit card is registered to, they want me to be in, £9 during the week and £14 on Saturday!!! In the words of a New York gangster: Forget about it!
Had to replace the booting hard drive in Abi's computer with a different one so that I could format it and put a new Windows on. Then I could slave the old hard drive, and all the files are still there and useable. We just couldn't boot windows off it. So that works fine now.
And I bought some new jeans! Must be the busiest weekend I've had in ages.
Right, more presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment