Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Happy Wednesday

Today I am happy, because after two weeks of frustration, my yeasty cells seem to be growing fine, as they should, and I have finished one of my assays for this week, and it is only lunchtime! This means I may actually have some sort of results to present at this conference in Warwick next week.
It also means I will be able to leave work on time today, and perhaps go to the cinema with Abi, if there's anything worth seeing (saw Watchmen last week).

Mum, Dad, and sister came to visit over the weekend. It was Mum's birthday, so there was plenty of eating and drinking done, which is always nice. It's always great to see them, even if it is for such a short time. But then there's only so much you can do in Aberdeen if you stay for as long as a week! I shall see them again in a month when it is my sister's 30th birthday. I can't really believe she is going to be 30! Not that I can really believe that I'm over 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment