Pages

Wednesday 17 December 2008

Fantastic

Yeay, we got the grant! Those lovely people from the BBSRC thought we were good enough to fund. So great! I have job for another 3 years after this contract finishes at the end of March. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I don't have to go through the whole applying for jobs fiasco again. I don't  have to go to interviews and keep telling people it went fine when they ask. I don't have to be bored poor and unemployed.

This is great, after 15 months so far of this contract I feel I am starting to understand a lot more around my project not just the specifics of translation termination  in yeast but the broader view. Now I can continue to learn this. Wow, this will be the longest I have been involved in one project. Obviously my PhD was only 3 years. That's quite cool though, I will be able to feel quite knowledgeable after a few years!

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment